Friday, August 8, 2014

Skin Care Update


Hello! It's been a while! For the past few months, I haven't been playing with make-up or buying much of any because I don't have the time and there isn't any reason for me to wear any here! But, I will do an updated makeup routine (just be aware that it is pretty basic) but I thought I would share what I am using out here in this hot weather! But anyways, back to what I wanted to talk about in this post. I have been more focused on my skin care since being out here for many reasons:

I work long hours and I do not get enough sleep! My schedule is pretty exhausting and I get only about 4-5 hours each night until I finally get a chance to catch up on my rest on my day off. And I just sleep the entire day away! So because of that, I know my skin is taking a beating and I don't want to look so tired!

The heat, dust and wind here is brutal! When I'm outside for a while my skin will begin to burn just by how hot it is outside. The sun doesn't bother me much though because my hat protects me from the sun as well as my foundation. So that's no issue! But everything else does take a toll on my skin. Some days when I am outside for only 10 minutes and come back indoors and look in the mirror, my cheeks are bright red and look irritated.

Because I only have one day off, I wear foundation 6 days a week for up to 17 hours each day. I know it's not a good thing for my skin but like I said, I work long hours, so that's why I wear foundation for so long. But by the end of the day, a good majority of it has already sweated off my face anyways. hahahaha!

So I feel pretty bad about my skin after a long day at work. When I get home the first thing I want to so is of course take care it! 

**I just thought to add this! My skin type is dry, sensitive skin. Well, since being here, my skin has been a little oily but just around my T-zone and it's really not that bad. It's just from this heat and occasional humidity. Okay, back to the routine!**

This has been my routine since I've been here (with new additions!). 

**Note: These are the products and steps I take at the end of the day. In the mornings, i just rinse my face with water and then apply the Balancing Softener (mentioned in Step Two). :-)


Regular Routine:

Step one: Cleansing


Shiseido Pureness  foaming Cleansing Fluid: This has been my face wash for a while now (about four months). I have posted about this line before. I am still using it and love it! I am currently using this liquid form, but once I run out of this bottle (which will be soon) I will use the foaming cleanser (which I already have in my locker. Ready to go!) I can't go a day without using this stuff!

Miu Color Facial Cleansing Exfoliate Brush: I use this with the cleanser. This helps to make the cleanser foam up really well and is so soft on the skin! It just feels so nice. I wouldn't say it exfoliates my skin. It just
does a good job at cleaning your face from debri and makeup.

Step Two: Toner




Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener: After patting my face dry with a towel or paper towel, I put two pumps of this liquid in my palms and pat this all over my face and neck.

Step Three: Moisturizer




Depending how I feel, I will then put on a face mask. I normally use a mask up to 2-4 times a week, depending on how dry or tired my skin feels. I use a variety of masks! I buy a lot my masks from imomoko.com. If you would like me to write a separate job on reviews on different masks, let me know. ;)


Last step: Shiseido Pureness Matifying Oil-Free Moisturizer. I don't always put this moisturizer on. usually after using a face mask, my skin is pretty hydrated, but sometimes my skin needs a little more moisture. It really depends on how dry my skin feels, but more often than not, I do have to put this on before bed. And I have to use a lot! My skin is just so thirsty before bed!



Days I Exfoliate:


I don't exfoliate my skin that often. Maybe once a week and just when needed. When my pores feel so clogged  up or I just feel a build up of dead skin on my face, these are the products I will use:



Freeman Facial Charcoal and Black Sugar Polish Mask: for removing dead skin
Freeman Feeling Beautiful Facial Clay Mask, Chocolate and Strawberry Mask: for deep cleansing

The sugar polish mask is great for exfoliating your skin! I enjoy it because of how effective it is as well as the fact that I don't break out and my skin does not get irritated. 

The Clay mask smells amazing. It smells like chocolate. No, I have not actually tasted it so I can not tell you if it does taste like chocolate or if it just tastes gross. haha! You will have to try it yourself. hahaha! But I will use this when I need a deep cleaning. It is cooling on the skin and I do not experience any burning. It does clean pretty well and I would recommend using this when you are about to shower to make it easier to wash off. If you don't want to do that, just be very careful when washing the mask off because it is a bit messy and you wouldn't want brown spots on your shirt. hahaha!

So that is my routine! That is everything I have been using for the past three months! I do have two new additions to my skin care family and have started using the products just yesterday!

New Additions:


Left: Shiseido Aqualabel Whitening AC Emulsion (when I bought it, I thought it was a toner. oh well.) I decided to buy this and use it for days my skin decides to break out (usually only around the time I get my period.)
Right: Shiseido Aqualabel Gel Cream. I actually only use this on my eye area. hehe It's super thick!!

I will do a review on these when I have used them for a while. :)

So, what do you think about my routine? Any recommendations? What does your skin care regime consist of?:)

No comments:

Post a Comment