Thursday, April 3, 2014

Asian food! nom nom nom!

I went to the Asian Market and picked up some goodies! I have not had this in soooo looong!


Dried fish snack! I think it's just dried with some seasonings *shrugs*. I don't know. All I know is that it's good! lol! It's like fish jerkey! If you've ever had dried squid/squid jerkey, it pretty much tastes the same! Sooo yummy! Reminds me of home! lol


Doesn't it look soo amazing!? *drools* I'm trying so hard not to eat them all right now. 

               
Wanted to show what the other side looks like. Still looks delicious. hehehe 


I was having a craving for some bagoong and bittermelon and decided to make some Pinakbet (minus the squash! I will cook that up this weekend!) I only made two servings of this. Just for my craving now and maybe for lunch tomorrow. :) btw, it looks like there's a hair on one of the eggplants. I don't know what it was actually but I know it wasn't a hair. oh well~ It was still really good! :)


Rice crackerrrsss!!!! Honestly, growing up I used to hate eating these! But my mom loved these! Now, I guess my taste buds changed and I eat two packs of these a day. hahaha! So yummy! And I love how it's crunchy and light! nom nom nom!



Then I picked up some Tapioca pearls for making Ginataang bilo bilo and boba. yummmm!! I haven't used this brand before so we will see how easy it is to make. It does say it only takes five minutes, but we will see.


Annnd I wanted to pick up a bamboo steamer!!!!! It's so cute! I can make a lot of different food! :) 


I used it earlier to make some puto. It was my first time making puto so it didn't turn out so well. I didn't cook it long enough. Eh, lesson learned! I will try to make other stuff as well! 


And currently I am munching on these salt and vinegar crackers! These crackers are thick and crunchy and the vinegar flavor is really strong! I love it though!

I also bought some other stuff, like vegetables and a bunch of seasonings. I needed some seasonings for making Pho and Bo Kho. I was missing a couple items from the first time I tried making pho. This time I am prepared! ;) If it turns out good, I will share!

I'd love to know what are your favorite asian snacks and what you love to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment