Monday, February 17, 2014

Almay Truly Lasting Color Foundation Review

Good Evening! I wanted to do a post before I went to bed! Here we go!

This review is on the Almay TLC Foundation. I picked it up in the BX for $12.49. A little pricey, right?!


I got the foundation in the color 140 Buff. It was the only color they had that was NOT pink. And I assumed that since I have lightened up a lot that it was my color! So when I got home, I did a swatch test on my arm as depicted below:


It is had to tell, but it is a little off center, it is more to the right, and it is shiny. It matched me perfectly! It did oxidize a bit and I tested it on my arm as well as my neck! I did it three times and it matched perfectly! I was so pleased! But then, when I actually wore it, this is what happened:




My face is like, WUT THE....



This is after about 15-20 minutes. I had no choice but to take the picture in flash because I was already in the car about to leave for work and it was still dark, aha. STILL TOO LIGHT!!! GRR!!




This is what it ended up looking like around lunch time. It did oxidize more, but it was still not a perfect match! 



Little light still. I would say that it did look a lot lighter in person. And I just did not like the product! I did not like how it looked on my face. 

It is a light foundation, I had to layer upon layer just to cover up my acne and acne scars. It took way too much time! And it was not my color in the end! grr! I returned it in the end. I did not really see it fading throughout the day and it did stay on for a really long time! That part I did like but the color was a no-no for me, LOL. I did not have any issues with it drying up my skin (which is a major factor for me, because I have very dry skin in the winter with lots of flaky skin). This foundation holds up alright, but overall, I was not impressed with it. I thought it was also a little too expensive as well!

The BIGGEST downfall for this foundation is the fact that it also made me breakout. Normally, even though I have sensitive skin, I do not break out from foundations. But I noticed every day that I wore this one, I broke out. 

What are your thoughts on this foundation if you have tried it?





No comments:

Post a Comment