Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Revlon Photoready Foundation and Lorac I'm so Sensitive Primer Review

Hello! I'm combining two reviews in one post because I have used the two items together yesterday. First off I wanted to go over the Revlon Photoready Foundation.


Now, I have used this foundation before about a year ago and I did like it, but at the time I was trying out so many different foundations and simply forgot about this one. I decided to give this foundation a try again because I remember I did like it. I have the shade 004 Nude.


Here is a swatch. It is a little two pink for my skin, but if I go a shade up, it will be too light for me, and if I go a shade darker it will be too dark for me. I was still able to work with the foundation.


So this is what it looked like when I first applied it. The coverage is great! And I think it looks great in photos!



After a couple hours. I ate something so my lipstick wore off and I didn't bother reapplying because I was about to go wash my face anyways. haha! Look at the shiny-ness on my forehead! Honestly, I do not get oily from this foundation. The reason why I did get shiny is because I sprayed on some NYX dewy finish makeup setting spray on top. When I use a regular setting spray like ELF I don't have that issue.

So I wore the foundation for this entire past week and I was just not loving it like I thought I would! I would go into work a little pale faced because the foundation was not oxidizing quick enough to match my skin tone, and I was having issues with it looking patchy/cakey and it emphasizing my dry skin! I do use a moisturizer before and setting spray after applying my makeup and I did not have any issues last Monday (which is when I first tried this foundation as pictured above) but during the entire week the foundation was looking bad!


 So I did my research. I started looking up reviews and just looking for really good primers for dry skin. I had a feeling that I was just not using a good enough primer! I mean, it's strange to me though because on the weekends I just don't do anything different as far as my foundation routine goes, but it always looks so much better than on the weekdays! But anyways, So I did some research and then thought back to about a year ago because my skin looked so flawless last winter and I was thinking about what it was I was using on my skin. And this is what I ended up buying at Ulta:



I featured this in my last post. So I bought the Urban Decay b6 spray because that spray made my skin feel and look sooo good! I went through the entire bottle in like a month! And then I bought the Chill Makeup Setting Spray so that my skin would look smooth and flawless! When I was in Ulta, I was originally looking for this Palladio foundation primer, but the Ulta I went to did not have the brand, so I went straight to the Lorac area and picked up the Lorac I'm So Sensitive Primer.



That night, I was deciding how I was going to apply everything to get my foundation looking smooth and preventing my skin from looking patchy and dry. So this is what I did:

step1: Apply moisturizer. I use the H20 gel moisturizer
step 2: Then I sprayed a couple sprays of the UD B6 spray on my face and let it dry/set
step 3: I took a small amount of the Lorac Primer and put it all over my face and let that set. (side note: It has an unpleasant smell. It's not over bearing or anything like that, it just smells weird. It's not a lovely smell.)
step 4: I used L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base on my eyelids and under eye area ( I have oily eyelids and need a primer on them so that when I powder them they don't crease.)
step 5: Applied my foundation. I usually apply my foundation with a brush, but this time I decided to use my sponge beauty blender instead to get a smooth finish
step 6: After doing my blush, bronzer and mascara I sprayed the UD Chill Setting spray.

So let me tell you...My face was ON POINT yesterday! My skin was sooo smooth and hydrated and I did not have any issues with shiny-ness! I was very pleased with the results!! I did powder just a little bit on my eyelids because like I said, my eyelids get oily...and around my mouth to prevent the foundation from creasing when I smile and on my chin.

It looked GOOD! I would HIGHLY recommend the Lorac Primer AND the UD setting sprays. Honestly, the UD sprays were the first setting sprays I have ever used, but they are expensive, so I switched to ELF And NYX setting sprays to save money, but this entire time I have been using them, they haven't been helping my foundation stay looking good this winter! I am thinking of sticking with the UD settying sprays during the winter when my skin really needs it and then in the summer using the drugstore ones. hmm.




Revlon Photoready Foundation: LOVE the foundation because it is full coverage, easy to blend, and it looks great in photos. I do have issues with it while I am in uniform because my face does look lighter than my neck, but I think that is just an issue that I can't resolve because I can't blend the foundation down to my neck in uniform because it rubs off onto my shirt.

Lorac Primer: do not love the smell at all! But it is cooling and refreshing when I first applied it and it made my foundation look soo good! Hid my pores pretty well. I was having issues with my pores being emphasized with the previous primer I was using. This one does the job and I don't have issues with patchy/dry/cakey looking skin!

I think all the products I used work really well together and I just love the end result! I don't have to worry about my face falling apart throughout the day and looking disgusting anymore! :)

What are your thoughts on ANY of the products I have mentioned above? Also, what primers, foundations, and setting sprays do you use and would recommend? Please let me know! I would love to know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment