Sunday, March 30, 2014

First Impression: ShiseidoPureness deep cleansing foam and Balancing Softener

I couldn't resist using these products! I was going to use them once I left but I really wanted to give it a try! 

First off, let's talk about my skin. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and hyperpigmentation. Any product with alcohol or benzoyl peroxide or sacylic acid (basically anything with strong chemicals) makes my skin breakout. After a pimple has died, it leaves a red scar on my face that will take months to completely go away. I normally have dry skin in the winter that flakes, but lately, it  has been starting to get warmer and my skin is starting to feel less dry and more normal.

With all that being said, it is difficult for me to choose new products to use on my face. I am weary when it comes to new products because I do not want any more new breakouts. But after looking at several reviews on these products, I decided to give them a try! (Especially since I am starting to become desperate for a solution for my skin.)


I tried the foam last night in my shower. I just took a small pea size amount on my hand. With just a little bit of water it foams up quite nicely. You really don't need a lot of the product. 


Just a small amount will do!


Lathered up. 

While cleansing my face with this, my face instantly just felt so clean. I kind of have that feeling you get when you apply a product with mint in it on my face, but it was very subtle. After rinsing, my skin just felt like it could breathe and felt refreshed. It did not irritate my skin at all like cause any stinging or make my skin turn red. It is a very gentle face wash. And the smell is very lovely!



After showering and patting myself dry, I applied this softener. It is just a clear liquid. Again it smells so good! No chemical smell at all! I just put one pump (yes, it has a pump! :) ) in my palm (I did not take a picture because it just looks like water in your hand) and rub my hands together to spread the product evenly on my hands. Then I just patted/pressed the product on my face. The directions say you can use a cotton ball but I feel I get a better application by pressing it into my face with my hands and I also do not feel the need to use a cotton ball to assist with removing any makeup that did not get picked up because I washed my face in the shower and did not wear any makeup yesterday.

This did not sting or cause my skin to turn red as well. It smells lovely and again, made my skin feel refreshed. This was also very gentle on my skin.

Please Note:
Cleansing Foam: I have only used this product once (last night) and have not noticed any new breakouts on my skin. Also, it does not leave my skin dry after use!
Softener: I have used this product for the second time last night before bed.

Results so far:
I have two large red pimples on the right side of my face. And I had a large one the left cheek. I have noticed after using the products that the pimple on my left cheek is completely gone (flat)! The other two pimples have reduced in size and I feel that after a day or two they will be completely gone as well! I have also noticed that my skin isn't as red anymore! My skin looks more calmed down.
When I woke up this morning, I also noticed that my skin does not feel dry and isn't flakey. It looks quite normal (ph balance wise)

I wish I took some before and after pictures, but I will show you images of my skin as of today! And then in  a couple weeks I will take another picture to show you all the results! :)



So I do plan on continuing to use these products because my skin does agree with them and I am seeing results!

What skincare products do you use and would recommend? What about what are your thoughts on these products?


2 comments:

  1. Looks interesting product. Nice review dear :)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete