Monday, March 24, 2014

Revlon Age Defying Makeup Foundation Review and Routine



So I'm here to so a review on the Revlon Age Defying Makeup Foundation! I am in the shade 20 Tender Beige. (I don't know how they came up with the name of this shade, btw. How is it tender? lol Just a thought.)



Pictures were taken after about four hours of wear. I did not take any more pictures either because I washed my face after this.


Here is a swatch. It is definitely not a perfect match for me, but it was the closest shade I could get without venturing into the more pink shades. And honestly, it does not look bad on my face! It actually looks pretty good! I did blend it down to my neck and when I looked at my neck in natural lighting, I could not tell where the foundation ended and my bare skin started. So it seems to adjust well into my skintone.

Here are some other items that I wore with the foundation and I think this is the biggest reason why my makeup looked so well yesterday!


 I moisturized my face first with this MAC Studio Moisture Cream. I sat there and just worked the cream into my skin making sure it absorbed into my skin really well so that I wouldn't have any issues with dry flakes/dry skin throughout the day.


Afterwards, I put a light coat of this MAC Face Prep and Prime lotion on my face. After that was done, I sprayed my face with Urban Decay Vitamin B6 spray and let that dry and then continued with the application of the foundation!


I should've taken a picture of it, but I will just explain. I put three pumps of the foundation on the top of my H20 Moisturizer lid and put a small dab of the Lorac I'm So Sensitive Primer in the foundation and mix the two together until smooth. And then I wet my Beauty Blender Sponge and use that to apply my foundation. I took a picture of my sponge after I just completed putting on all my makeup (I also contoured my face so that is why it is so dark.) I wanted to show you guys how abused my poor beauty blender is. LOL I am still searching for a new one! I bought this one in TJ Maxx a long time ago and it is starting to get tears. Poor little guy. When I wash it, it actually looks bright yellow and much better. hahaha!


I used this CoverGirl Advanced Radiance Powder under my eyes, in the middle of my forehead and a little bit on my chin. Basically, I apply this on the areas that I highlight with a light shaded concealer. I just bought this on Thursday and am LOVING IT! ;) Maybe I should do a mini review on this later...


Here it is! I think this is in the color ivory.

That is what I used this part weekend to get my face looking so lovely! I was really enjoying my makeup yesterday!

I really enjoy the Revlon Age Defying Makeup Foundation because it does not dry out my skin and it has a very nice satin finish. I did not have any oily areas on my face, although my chin was a little bit shiny after application, but I just dabbed a little big of powder on my chin. I try not to dab my face with too much powder because I want to avoid any dry skin/flakes on my face!
Anyways, as far as coverage goes, I do like the coverage. I would say it is a light to medium coverage. It is build-able but you can not go up to full coverage with this foundation. I can still see my acne scars underneath the foundation but they aren't red, they just slightly show up but as dark spots. Not so bad though and I am not a full coverage person to begin with.
The foundation did end up making my skin look so flawless! What I mean is I did not see my pores getting accentuated and it smoothed out my skin. (I think part of the reason it looked so good would be because of the other products I used underneath, but I think this foundation works much better with the other skin products I used than the Revlon Photoready foundation. I say that because the Photoready foundation did not do a good job at preventing my skin from drying and getting dry flakes.)

I will have to update this review later once I have worn the foundation for a much longer time! I will be wearing the foundation for the rest of the week and will give my thoughts later!

But for now, Overall, I am loving this foundation! I like that it is dry skin friendly and I can not say how it is for oily skin but I do feel like people with oily skin may have to blot their face a couple times throughout the day with this foundation. I do like the color and the healthy glow that it gives my skin!

Please let me know if you have tried this foundation! What are your thoughts? Let me know if there is anything I may have missed mentioning and I will gladly answer any of your questions! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment