Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Fixing my Essence Face Powder!

 Hello!! So I finally got around to fixing one of my matte face powders! This is actually my FAVORITE face podwer! My second fave is the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in translucent. But since this one shattered, I have been stuck using the Rimmel one for a while! But I probably will be saving this Essence one for the summer because it works really well then!

Anyways! Here are the pictures! This is what it looked like shattered. I have no idea how it even broke to begin with! I don't recall ever dropping it!




Looking sad, right? :(

And this is how I fixed it!






 Started off by placing a piece of  toilet paper over the powder and just gently crushing the powder into smaller pieces. I used the end of my toothbrush. haha


And then you should something like this! You can crush the powder smaller into finer pieces if you want, but I honestly did not want to put that much work into it. haha. I just shook it around until it was lying evenly in the compact.


Then I took some rubbing alcohol, poured some into the lid and poured what was in the lid into the compact. I didn't want to drown the compact in the liquid, but I kinda ended up doing that as seen below......

 It's just swimming in alcohol!!!! LOL! I didn't mean to. You don't have to put so much, just enough to dampen it. But since I used a lot, I had to wait longer for it to dry. I just left it open and in my bathroom over night and during the entire day today and it turned out just fine!


VOILA! brand new! :) It's just a very thin layer of powder though. But I don't want to waste any of it! Although, it was pretty cheap, hehe. I would definitely recommend this powder. I know everyone is just now starting to notice the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, which I have been using since last summer, but eh, I prefer this one over that one. The Rimmel one didn't do as good a job at keeping my face shiny-free as this one did last summer! And I get really oily in the summer!


There you go! :)

Have any of you tried this powder? What are your thoughts on the Rimmel Stay Matte powder? If any of you have any thoughts or opinions on anything, pleas share! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment